Jan 18, 2011

Moneybookers Fund to Eon Account

First time I heard of this online payment processor is from my client who lives in UK. Instead of sending payment for the task I did for him through my Paypal account, he sent it through Moneybookers.com. You can refer to my other blog for the rest of the story, meanwhile let me share to you how I created my own account in Moneybookers.com and successfully withdrew my funds with them through my Eon Bank Account.

Moneybookers is an online payment processor that can be used to pay online, get paid, transfer money to your bank account here and abroad and send money back home to your relatives. This is more or less like Paypal (I'm sure most of you have become familiar with it or at least had heard of it.)

Actually creating an account with them  is as easy as 1,2 and 3. You just have to fill up their form, enter your personal details and that's it! You already have a Moneybookers account. The problem that I encountered was I didn't know if I can actually withdraw my funds from them using my local bank account just like what I usually do with Paypal. And luckily, I found out that I can using the same debit card I used with my Paypal, my Eon Debit Card.

After creating an account with Moneybookers, you will have to do some verification of your Eon Account to Moneybookers.


  • Enter your complete name and the type of your card (Eon-Visa). Type in your card number and it's expiration date. Look at the back of your Eon card and copy the three digits for the last slot to be filled.
  • Moneybookers will charge your card for a random verification fee between USD 1.01 - 2.99.
  • You must then check your card statement for the exact transaction amount and enter it into the 'verify credit/debit card' section of your Moneybookers profile.
  • Upon completion, the verification fee will be refunded to your Moneybookers account and your card will be verified with an upload limit of 333.55 USD in any 60 day period.
  • Due to processing restrictions Moneybookers cannot refund this transaction back to your card.

After this verification, you can now withdraw your  funds! You just have to add your bank account to your Moneybookers account. It will ask for your bank's SWIFT code which is UBPHPHMM (for Eon and Unionbank). Encode your account number then go to the withdrawal section.

And it was a success!
My Moneybookers fund reflected to my Eon Account four (4) days after the transfer. However, nothing can beat my loyalty to Paypal and I still prefer it over Moneybookers.com.


1 comment:

  1. I heard Moneybookers before but never tried their service since I'm using Paypal linked to my EON card. But after reading your post I may try Moneybookers since I can use my EON card with it. I'm just confused on this part of your post:
    # your card will be verified with an upload limit of 333.55 USD in any 60 day period.
    # Due to processing restrictions Moneybookers cannot refund this transaction back to your card.

    Kindly enlighten me with this. Thanks a lot for this informative post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails